Who are we? What do we do?
- The Program for Adult Learning is a group of adults working on improving reading, writing, basic math and English speaking skills in the Lac La Biche region.
- We believe that learning is a partnership and work with learners to address their expressed needs by using the talents and skills present in the partnership.
- Volunteer tutors and adult learners meet regularly for free individual sessions. Other learners join our free small group English conversation classes. Learning materials are loaned out and training is provided for the tutors.
- The program also promotes adult and family literacy through awareness activities, workshops, and community literacy projects.
- Our group is part of C.L.A.S.S. (Community Learning for Adult Students Society – Lac La Biche & District).
The need is all around you!
We work with adults from a variety of backgrounds. Some adults have spent very little time in school, others find it very difficult to learn in a typical class setting, some have moved to Canada and are trying to communicate in English (a very difficult language), others have lost some abilities because the skills weren’t used, etc. Whatever the reason, many adults in our area need to improve their communication skills for work, home, and community interaction.
Phone us at 780-623-2477, the Program for Adult Learning,
- if you know someone who is interested in learning
- or if you want to become a volunteer with the Program for Adult Learning.